Our 6-month mentoring program is for young ladies age 10-18. The runs January-June yearly . We offer workshops, which focus on self-esteem, education, mental health, job readiness, hygiene, healthy relationships, college prep, educational and cultural trips, and more. We also offer a $500-$1,000 scholarship to one qualifying mentee. Upon completion of the program, our mentees attend a luncheon, receive certificates, and additional incentives.
*THIS IS AN INCOME BASED PROGRAM* *We follow the PA State income guidelines* *Screenings are completed before applicants can be approved*
• Must provide proof of income for all adults in the home (employment, other assistance, etc)
• Must provide proof of address (lease or deed only)
• Must provide ID (state issued, name must match information on proof residency)
• Must provide birth certificates for household
.• Must be willing to complete waiver.
• Must not have received assistance from the program in the last year.
Our "bonding with mom" parenting program offers 7 sessions for new and expecting mothers. Sessions includes topic discussions on parenting skills, breast feeding, self care, and more.
Participants receive a certificate and a care package upon completion of the program.
*Screenings are completed before applicants can be approved*
• Must provide proof of age (State issued ID or Photo ID and Birth Certificate)
• Must provide proof of interview or new hire confirmation
• Must sign waiver
• Must not have received assistance from the program within a year.
COOKING WITH BOOMER
Our Culinary Arts Program hosted by Boomer's Kitchen & Catering offers 6 sessions for youth ages 9-18. Youth will have the opportunity to learn food and kitchen safety, cooking skills, breakfast and lunch meals, dinner & dessert meals, and more. This is a FREE program. The program begins October 12-November 16. Wednesdays from 5:45pm-7:45pm.
ALL SPOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED