Awarded Nonprofit of the year in 2019
Building Relationships, Strengthening The Community
Our 6-month mentoring program is for young ladies age 10-18. The program runs January-June yearly . We offer workshops, which focus on self-esteem, education, mental health, job readiness, hygiene, healthy relationships, college prep, educational and cultural trips, and more. We also offer a $500-$1,000 scholarship to one qualifying mentee. Upon completion of the program, our mentees attend a luncheon, receive certificates, and additional incentives.
*THIS IS AN INCOME BASED PROGRAM* *We follow the PA State income guidelines* *Screenings are completed before applicants can be approved*
• Must provide proof of income for all adults in the home (employment, other assistance, etc)
• Must provide proof of address (lease or deed only)
• Must provide ID (state issued, name must match information on proof residency)
• Must provide birth certificates for household
.• Must complete waiver.
• Must not have received assistance from the program in the last year.
COOKING WITH BOOMER
Our Culinary Arts Program hosted by Boomer's Kitchen & Catering offers 6 sessions for youth ages 9-18. Youth will have the opportunity to learn food and kitchen safety, cooking skills, breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, dessert, and more. This is a FREE program. The program begins Fall 2023
Our computer skills and job readiness program offers computer lessons for youth and adults. There are 6-10 sessions, which focus on resume' building, Microsoft office, general computer use, open computer lab, and more.
$35.00 registration fee
(registration fee waved for Spring 2023)
All sessions are free.